Outlook PST File Repair
Information Technology is the norm of the day, as of now complete corporate operation is heavily depended on communication through email in office. Microsoft Office suite offers MS Outlook, as the most preferred tool for sending and receiving email. This email client is equipped with more features, such as: calendar, task manager, contact manager, note creation, journal and web browsing to ease of work. MS Outlook creates Outlook data file, which is known as PST or Portable Storage Table. It basically acts as the database of this email client and stores all the email messages and other mailbox data. This PST file is machine readable in the binary data format, therefore more prone to corruption. There are two types of PST files which are created by MS Outlook: ANSI PST and Unicode PST. In MS Outlook 2002 and previous versions, PST files are saved in ANSI format with a size limitation of 2 GB, and compatibility criteria limited to older versions only.
Talking about the newer versions of MS outlook, i.e. 2003 or later, we have Unicode as the default format that has no such size limitation issues. It provides 20 GB to 50 GB (in 2010,2013 & 2016) space for storing a large amount of mailbox data. Sometimes, we skip the basic size limitation while working on this email client and make it oversized with unlimited emails and bulky attachments. Due to this, users experience some unexpected problems and issues of poor performance and corruption in MS Outlook.
There are some other factors as well which aggravate the situation and add to the corruption:
- Virus attack: The antivirus program running on the system may conflict with the MS Outlook functioning.
- Sudden system shutdown: Sudden system shut down while MS outlook is running on the system.
- Hard drive failure: Sometimes system hard disk gets crashed and it may cause corruption in MS Outlook.
- Improper cancellation MS Outlook: Neglect to proper cancellation of the email client may lead data corruption.
What to do when stuck with corruption in MS Outlook?
Being a regular Outlook user, if you have a knack of handling MS Outlook, you can take help of the inbuilt repair functionality, known as SCANPST.EXE or Inbox Repair tool.
This can ease out the situation only when the files are not severely corrupted, as Inbox Repair tool can only fix minor flaws. Badly damaged PST files can lead to permanent loss of crucial mailbox data. For a fully-fledged error rectification, you need to employ a powerful and advanced third-party PST Repair software tool.
Salient features of Outlook PST File Repair Tool:
- Restoration of all vital emails, mailbox items and attachments from corrupt .pst file, including contacts, appointments, tasks, calendars, journals, RSS feeds recurrence, etc
- It restores the entire possible item from corrupt PST file into a new file.
- The file can be saved in different formats such as EML and DBX of Outlook Express, MBOX and Archive format, MSG and PST of MS Outlook. Archive format includes VCF, EML, ICS and text formats.
The users can explore other advanced features of this Outlook PST File Recovery Tool:
Effective and quick recovery: Fast and effective recovery of corrupt PST files of variable size and formats ANSI and Unicode.
Encrypted PST file recovery: Recover all kinds of compressed and encrypted PST Files.
Three modes for PST file recovery:
- Standard: Deals with minor corruption.
- Advanced: Restores major flaw.
- Deep: It is valuable when both the modes become ineffective.
Save recovered data into various formats: All the recovered PST files can be saved in various formats of EML and DBX of MS Outlook express and MSG and PST MS Outlook.
Auto-detect feature: This Recovery tool can detect information related to PST file version and the encryption on it.
Recovery of Non-English characters: Efficient recovery of Miscellaneous characters from corrupt PST files supporting ANSI PST format.
Supportability and compatibility:
1. Supports all versions of MS Outlook 97, 2000, 2002 to higher variant 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
2. Compatible with Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and other higher operating system Vista, 2008, Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10.
Updated version of PST File Repair software incorporates following add-ons:
- Search feature: The search feature enables users to search the specific email messages from the scanned Outlook PST file.
- Log feature: By using the log feature, users can save a log file at user-defined location that stores all the information of scanning and recovery process of PST file.
- Recovery snapshots: Users can save the snapshot of scanning process at user-defined location for further use. In future, users can upload the saved snapshots to avoid re-scanning of the same file again.
- Export feature: The export feature allows users to export all the listed data into an HTML file at user-defined location.